Windows 7 USB Audio's Crashes (Z Cinéma)

lymonade

Hey guys,

I'm new here and I basically registered in order to get some input about a problem that may concern many users over the forum.

I have a Windows 7 Installation (build 7100) with all appropriate drivers for each devices, everything is working great except for one thing : My USB Speakers, Logitech Z Cinéma. What is funny is that Logitech made drivers for Seven, in 32 and 64 bits flavors. Still, it doesn't work since it's a problem with the USB Audio management of windows. What I want to know here is :

- Is there anyone else havin the same problem (explained below) or almost the same ?
- If yes, is it the same model or another model/competitor USB bases speaker system ?
- If still yes, what is the problem and have you found a fix/tweak/hack for it ?

By the way, it is not plugged on a USB hub, but trough a USB port direclty (so it is something else than USB Bandwith overload)

Thanks, Thor.

My exact problem :
- Z Cinéma software crash (at random times)
- Any attempt to play sound by any way possible (Browser, Youtube, WMP, Games, etc) will just make the concerned program to crash (or even just prevent it from loading ie: games)
- This is just resolved by rebooting, temporarly.
- Usually happends after the computer has been powered on for a long time or after a sleep resume.

My configuration :
Phenom II X4 940, 4GB Dual Channel DDR2-800, MSI GA-M7 family MB, Windows 7 build 7100

Hi thor,
just a quick question, have you tried changing the USB port that the speakers are plugged into? Depending on which port used can make a huge difference so try them all....

I'm having the same problem over and over again, I can't find a way to fix this.

I am running windows 7 7100 64bits.

Every apps with sound or youtube juste crash and don't work anymore... it's crap -.-

Edit: Ok I just unplug my Logitech Z Advanced Cinema Speaker and plug my headphone (normal audio plug) and everythings working fine, itunes work and music is playing, so it's realy a driver problem with windows 7.

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem over and over again, I can't find a way to fix this.

I am running windows 7 7100 64bits.

Every apps with sound or youtube juste crash and don't work anymore... it's crap -.-

If you post some more details we may be able to help you.. Whats your system, make and model?
How long have you had the problem and did it start after something you did or just started unexpectedly?

System :

xps 420
Intel Q6600
8gig ram 800 mhz OCz SLI
2.5 tbits
Nvidia 8800GT
2x24" Samsung

I had the problem since this summer, I've tried many things, first I was thinking it was itunes or my flash player but after a lot of uninstalling and installing reboot etc. it was not changing anything. So it's just this morning I thought it could be the speaker that was the problem... and seams that I was right.

I think it's just the Driver that are not good for Windows seven, or something with the USB bus, but I updated my driver but still change anything.

Sooo i came to the conclusion it's the driver that are not compatible with the OS.

Hi, i'm having the exact same problem, i'm using windows 7 ultimate x64 retail,

randomly the logitech z cinema crashes and i have to reboot the computer in order to have sound again..

I've now noticed that this increased a lot since i conected the speakers to a powered usb 2.0 hub (lack of usb ports on the laptop) at the same time i instaled a windows update so it confuses me, i don't know where the problem comes from..

The Computer is a customized LG S510 X-CP21

QX9300
4GB DDR3
Geforce 9600M GT 512MB DDR3
Intel SSD X25-M 160GB
BD-RW ODD

any ideas ?

Does this speaker system have its own power supply?

Do you show Enhanced controllers as part of your USB devices in Device Manager. (Winkey + Pause -choose Device Manager)

Does the driver install say anything about installing USB drivers?

Have you added any additional audio drivers beside the Windows 7 ones?

of course they have their own power supply, it would be impossible to be powered by usb since we're talking about a 180w rms 2.1 system..

there's no problem with the driver apparently, i'm using the logitech software, latest version, it appears to be fully compatible with 7, but this random crashes are anoying, logitech denies any problem with the equipment or it's drivers..

it is now working, lets see how much time it'll work until i need to reboot it.. since is the only computer i got here in wales for now it's being used 24\7..

i really need a desktop here or else i fail with my studies :rolleyes:

Ask Logitech if their device needs legacy audio drivers and what they would recommend you use.

Back