Windows 7 USB Controllers, Audio Device and Broadcom Netxtreme Drivers are dead!

Barn

I'm running Windows 7 32 bit and I just noticed that all my drivers for the USB controllers, Audio/Sound devices and the Networking internet (Broadcom Netxtreme Drivers) have all died. They indicate that a Code 39 is the problem. I tried to load some of the drivers but it wouldn't allow them to install. I did a last known configuration attempt, no results. Did a system restore and it gave me an error message saying it didn't restore properly.

I am trying to get the drivers online, burn them to a disk and load them. I have no internet access on that PC and the USB ports obviously don't work. I can get drivers on this PC online. Some I can't find. I did the uninstall driver, disable, all the usual for this problem. I am stumped. Any recovery attempts produce nil results. Thanks to Microsoft, I have no installation disc to do a new install or a backup image. If anyone can assist in my dilemma, I welcome your expertise.

Sort of sounds like things on your motherboard went out. Can you tell us about your system? Any strange occurrences lately like power surges?

The network adapter and sound probably have their own drivers, but the USB may be part of the chipset drivers. It is a little strange they would just quit working. You did not get some type of driver CD with your system?

Salt: Thanks for the reply. No nothing strange; I was having problems with the keyboard and mouse not working but a switch of them to another cured that problem. Brought it back up and then found that the drivers were all messed up. Don't have the specs on the PC but I will reconnect and get them. Absolutely no disc, 7 came pre-installed. I neglected to say that this is a refurbished unit I bought from Tiger Direct. Only a few months old, don't really want to send it back if not necessary. I'll get the specs on it for you.

Thanks

I sort of hate to say it, but maybe you know why it was refurbished. If it was just the Network Adapter, I might think it could be a driver problem, but with USB and Sound both being out, which will at least have a basic driver in Win 7, it is probably more than that.

I do not know of anything specifically to work on your situation, but perhaps you could reset the bios defaults to try. Did you replace the keyboard and mouse yourself and did you open the system at all? Since this is a PC, there is always a chance of a bad connection somewhere on the motherboard or to a port.

But if there was some warranty or return policy, I think I would try that. I suppose a refurbished model is limited, but there must be some DOA type of guarantee.

Last edited:
Back