Windows 7 USB Mouse

Hi,

I have a HP G60-115EM Laptop and i have a usb mouse and keyboard made by hd. I like to use them sometimes. But when i plug the usb device in for the wireless i get a message saying "HID Data has stopped working" then the mouse will not work but the keyboard will... Why?

But the strange thing is. I have 3 usb ports on my laptop. One on the left and two on the right. If i plug the usb adapter in the left the hid data stops working but if i plug it in the 1st one on the right it doesn't and works ok???

Why is this?

Not entirely sure but pc's can be the same. If a device fails to work properly in say the front USB ports then you always try the ones at the back Does your mouse come with a driver? You could always check if there's an update if it does..

On the question of USB ports and why some seem to differ I did in fact try to google for an answer but the nearest I got was this..

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hi,

I have a HP G60-115EM Laptop and i have a usb mouse and keyboard made by hd. I like to use them sometimes. But when i plug the usb device in for the wireless i get a message saying \"HID Data has stopped working\" then the mouse will not work but the keyboard will... Why?

But the strange thing is. I have 3 usb ports on my laptop. One on the left and two on the right. If i plug the usb adapter in the left the hid data stops working but if i plug it in the 1st one on the right it doesn't and works ok???

Why is this?
Do you have a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000? HP has something wrong with the "HP Quick Play Buttons" Here read these two articles: PC Magazine Discussions - HID DATA has stopped working message (these below might have a better solution)
Link Removed - Invalid URL

I don't know the model. They just came with a desktop computer my dad got a few years ago.
Ill try uploading a picture to show you. All i know is that it is hp make.

Also i don't know about driver. It works with plug 'n' play. I just plug it in. It loads a driver or something then i get a HID Data message.

Then i just plug it in and get the message any other time.

Oh and also. I have 3 usb ports. 1 on the left. 2 on the right. But it only works on the one on the right closest to my screen. The one next to it dosent work.

Here are some pics:

Mouse from front:
DSC00698.jpg

Mouse from back:
DSC00699.jpg

Adapter to recieve mouse signal front:
DSC00701.jpg

Back of mouse adapter:
DSC00702.jpg

By the way im on vista. Im just using a mac theme.

Hi! his is what HP says about that error: I think I'm right... (Can't always remove documents from HP Library, sorry about thumbnails)

Back
Top Bottom