Usb ports problem

I have a Hp Mini Notebook 3741-TU. at first it worked with no problems, when I insert a usb cardreader to an existing port on the right ports are still working perfectly. but after I was off and I try to insert usb modem was not working perfectly not even a command that the usb is working or not (zero at all). Until now these ports can not be in use. explanation please, thank you.

Ralph Bromley

Honorable Member
Perhaps the port or the device is going?
Could try to fix the port with some epoxy

thank you for your concern sir Ralph Bromley ... I have had several checks in the device manager there but I never found any damage (such as there is usually an exclamation mark) and I've also tried a few times some software to check whether there is a problem ... I still do not find the answer.

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
You might check the device manager and see if the ports are showing a yellow mark. I noticed on my system, if I removed a card reader/media incorrectly it would deactivate the port. Some devices do not like using a safe removal option.

Rebooting should help if that happens to be the problem.

thank you Saltgrass co ... In essence all I have done no significant change ... at the position facing the monitor at the Hp Mini Notebook I have two usb which previously functioned perfectly. A few minutes ago I tried to move the USB modem in the usb ports that are left to the right ... still no change even after I update to the driver in device manager. I am tired in recent months has tried to solve the problem......:frown:

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
It doesn't appear HP has Windows 7 drivers for that system. If you are using ones supplied in Windows 7, they may not be fully functional.

I suppose all I might suggest is to try the Vista Drivers, but if you are using a x64 version of Windows, they may not be allowed.

Also, all the USB ports may not be of the same standard. I do not remember what my Dell's are, different connections may be different versions of USB.

thank you for your attention ... I'll try a few more times ... regards

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.