Windows 7 USB POWER WON'T RESUME AFTER SLEEP

Kazzar

Hi

My USB power doesn't restore from sleep.

I't used to. The only
recent change was after installing the HP WiFi mouse.

The mouse was a
disaster and was returned. I now have a logitec Link Removed - Invalid URL
but alas when coming out of sleep my USB power doesn't restore anymore.

I
dont think it was anything to do with the mouse change but it is the only recent
alteration to my system.

I have been through power management advanced
settings (to clear the USB Suspend setting) and unchecked all the 'Allow the
computer to turn off this device to save power' settings in the USB Root Hub
devices (in fact in all devices!). Even though the restore from sleep used to
work with the settings as they were on build.

But still I have no power
on restore from sleep.

I used to think I knew my way around Win 7, but I
am clearly useless.

I even restorted to a system restore point but alas
that failes with a 800500 ffff error.

Depressed from the UK.

I've seen this caused by toolbars, have you installed anything recently that may have installed any? Have you tried reinstalling your chipset drivers for your motherboard?

Just a couple of questions, if you unplug the mouse prior to sleep or disconnect it prior to waking up, does it help.

Do you have the mouse set to wake up the computer and is that what you use and have you tried other buttons?

Are you sure you are talking about sleep or possibly hibernation?

What drivers are you using for your chipset--Windows included or specific ones from the manufacturer?

Going to sleep on a computer can be as hazardous to your health as going to sleep on a motor cycle.

It's been iffy since MS first introduced it years ago. When I set up a PC, sleep and Hibernation get disabled.

I'd rather be SAFE and not Sorry. Eh?

If you're not using your computer, shut it off......give it a rest.

OT:cool:

Going to sleep on a computer can be as hazardous to your health as going to sleep on a motor cycle.

It's been iffy since MS first introduced it years ago. When I set up a PC, sleep and Hibernation get disabled.

I'd rather be SAFE and not Sorry. Eh?

If you're not using your computer, shut it off......give it a rest.

OT:cool:

Some of us need sleep or hibernation working. Also sleep isn't a Microsoft thing it's part of ACPI and introduced by Intel. Getting the latest bios has been known to solve power management issues.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recent posts.

My MOBO is a GA - X58 - USB3 and is running .INtel X58.

I don't think the issue is to do with the mouse - although this seemed to start after I uninstalled the latest HP WiFi Mouse. I now have a wireless USB mouse from Logitech.

When sleep was working the way of restarting was to press the power wake button on my PC.

I am at the latest BIOS revision and have been for many months prior to this happening. There are no MOBO driver updates relevant to this problem.

It's a toughie!

Kaz

It's fixed! Found the latest USB3 drivers on Gigabyte. Even though all my USB's were suffering the update did it.

Back
Top Bottom