Windows 7 usb stick

skyboy

Is it save just to pull a usb stick or any usb device straight out of the computer as there is no [ It is save to remove device in Windows 7]

Yes. You can pull it out when not in use and Windows won't make a fuss. Plug it back in and Windows will automatically recognize it.

Is it save just to pull a usb stick or any usb device straight out of the computer as there is no [ It is save to remove device in Windows 7]
Your question is a little hard to follow but if your asking if it is always safe to remove hardware in 7 the answer is no.
This behavior is handled just like in other versions of windows, it's just a little harder to find.On the task bar you will see a little arrow, click this arrow and a small menu pops up, you will see a small icon that looks like a greenish USB plug with a green check mark next to it, whem you click this a list will appear just select the device you want to remove.

Your question is a little hard to follow but if your asking if it is always safe to remove hardware in 7 the answer is no.
This behavior is handled just like in other versions of windows, it's just a little harder to find.On the task bar you will see a little arrow, click this arrow and a small menu pops up, you will see a small icon that looks like a greenish USB plug with a green check mark next to it, whem you click this a list will appear just select the device you want to remove.
That's not even necessary to do. Just remove the thumb drive. I've done that for years and never once has my system crashed or had any other ill effect by just removing the device as opposed to clicking on the USB symbol in the task tray and so on. It's called hot swapping.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_swapping

Last edited:
Harm the system no, however if write caching is enabled you can corrupt data on such a device easily still to this day in Seven especially for cheaper drives.
Most of us with a decent amount of tech expertise can make a rational determination if anything is currently being written or if this is vital data. I always assume that someone asking anything less than a very technical question on a board like this has little or no PC knowledge and if they know better they will inform me.

Back