Windows 8 user acconts

amos67

Honorable Member
I bought a laptop with win 8 installed. Pretty much a PIA until I installed Classic Shell.

Upon start up I created the first user account, admin.

Upon every boot up, I get a plain blue screen asking for admin password to access.

With Classic Shell I went into control panel and created 2 users accounts.

Why don't they appear?

Just to check. Control panel - User accounts - Manage another account. Add a new user in PC settings?
This should have taken you to the "Metro" screen with the "Add a new User" option at the bottom?

Thanks for responding.

What is the Metro screen?

I think that's what I stated above. Computer always boots to admin login. Then I have option to change user. I can not log out of admin. When I switch user, the other users appear.

Why can't it boot to screen showing all users like win 7, Vista, XP

It is easy enough to get rid of the login password requirement, but, how did you add extra users. before you go further, I would try again to recreate other users. They should be appearing as alternative log ins.

Meanwhile, have a look here. The picture is the so called "metro" screen. (metro as a name has since been abandoned by MS). The following text shows you how to eliminate the password requirement.
How to bypass the Windows 8 log-in screen | Microsoft - CNET News

I deleted the two users and recreated them again with PC Settings. When I boot up I get the blue screen with admin login. I can not log out of Admn. I can switch user and all 3 accounts appear on a blue screen, showing logged in as admin. I can log in to either of the other accounts.

Is it possible to eliminate the first screen showing only Admin, so t boots to the blue screen with all 3 accounts?

I think I have lost you. If you can switch accounts, then you are logging out of admin. But delete the password for Admn and see if that cures it.

I think we're on track.
I modified previous the post to try and explain it better. When I switch accounts, admin remains logged in.
No option to delete passwords.

I think we're on track.
I modified previous the post to try and explain it better. When I switch accounts, admin remains logged in.
No option to delete passwords.

Do not log in to your account. To the left of your picture there should be an arrow. Click on that arrow and it should bring up your other accounts. Click on the account you want. When done be sure to log out of that account. That is the way I have to do.

Do not log in to your account. To the left of your picture there should be an arrow. Click on that arrow and it should bring up your other accounts. Click on the account you want. When done be sure to log out of that account. That is the way I have to do.

If the Admin screen appears and I wait, it flys away to upper right corner (gone), the other blue screen appears, showing 3 users with Admin showing logged in.

If switch to the 2 other user and switch users and switch user again, the blue screen appears showing all 3 users as logged in.

Basically, log off option is missing everywhere. The menu below "shutdown" has blank space in the middle where "log off" should be.

"Pokki" comes pre-installed. I have tried several menu programs and "Classic" looks and functions the best. Every menu program is missing "log off".

Update:
A way to logoff (sign out)
http://www.askvg.com/how-to-log-off-restart-and-shut-down-windows-8-pc/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom