Windows 7 user accounts

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Hello
When I place a folder of data in my password protected log on pc 's admin account, it is ok but, it also goees to the gest account. if I remove it from the guest account, it also is removed from the admin account. I need both accounts but how do i set it up so only the admin acct has the folder?
Thank you

Hello,

The easiest way I can think of to do this is to find the folder you want to hide from the Guest (follow these steps from the Admin account, note that this will also hide the folder from all non-admin users, not just the Guest account), right-click it, select "Properties", then go to the Security tab. Click on the "Edit" button, then highlight the row "Users (yourPCName\Users)", and in the bottom, under the column that says "Deny", check the box for "Read and execute", and the boxes for "List folder contents" and "Read" will also be checked, effectively denying all non-admin users from seeing or running anything inside the folder.

If you found that hard to understand, I've attached a screenshot of the Permissions editor that pops up after you click "Edit" from the properties window.

Attachments

• perms.PNG
    perms.PNG
    41.1 KB · Views: 320
Back