Windows 7 uTorrent problem

PhilipSward

Hi!

I´m running Win 7 build 7000 32 bit version, and I´m having some problems with my uTorrent client. The thing is, when I download something, doesn´t matter what speed, after a while, I get the message "Disk overloaded 100%" and all my torrents start download in about 10kbt/s. I´ve been trying to change my cache size to 1000mb without getting rid of the problem. I´ve also tried to run uTorrent in compatibility mode, but that didn´t work either.
So, does anyone else have the same problem? Someone who knows how to solve it?

/Philip

I'm running Windows 32 bit on one of my computer, and 64 bit on this one. Neither have that issue, and I don't have to run utorrent in compatibility mode. Past that, I don't really have any advice... you have me stumped. Sorry.

running 64bit and utorrent without problems as well. maybe delete the utorrent settings and try again? something seems messed up.

I agree with Kyle on this one, I have been using uTorrent now for at least a year on several different Windows installations and never have I come across that problem.. I did a quick search on your problem and haven't been able to come up with any useful information.. so I would also suggest updating to the latest version of uTorrent and hopefully that will solve it... :)

I´ve solved the problem now!
I turned the cash function in uTorrent compleatly off. Now it works just fine!
I don´t know why it helped, I read somewhere on the internet that it maybe was to many cashes involved, windows, utorrents and so on...

Same problem with disk overloaded? Cause when I´m runnin utorrent in compatibility mode, all my torrents stops downloading at 99,9%, but when i turn off compatibility mode it works just fine

Im having a different Issue

So when I download torrents, some of them get stuck at 99.9%.
Not all of them, just random ones. Im getting them from the same website, and so on.
I had a friend download the same ones and they work fine for him on Vista. Ive disabled my firewalls and antivirus and still no luck.
Its not the source.
Its not the antivirus.
Its not consistent.
Its not completely uTorrent?(not sure on this one).
Its not compatibility mode because thats off.
Im stumped.

Last edited:
Utorrent BSOD

7127 64X . I am having a problem with Utorrent myself . BSOD and system shut down . Never had that b4 with all the other builds . Managed to get into programs b4 computer shut down and delete Utorrrent and BSOD stoped . So guess I have isolated the affending software but as too why ?

So when I download torrents, some of them get stuck at 99.9%.
Not all of them, just random ones. Im getting them from the same website, and so on.
I had a friend download the same ones and they work fine for him on Vista. Ive disabled my firewalls and antivirus and still no luck.
Its not the source.
Its not the antivirus.
Its not consistent.
Its not completely uTorrent?(not sure on this one).
Its not compatibility mode because thats off.
Im stumped.

Got probs with uTorrent and Bit torrent running win7127 64x had no probs with win7100 at all . Get BSOD soon as a I start a torrent download . So for the moment I am running without a torrent program ! For me that is strange .

I find if you set all downloading torrents to "Force Download" and Update the Tracker once every couple of hours they'll download much more efficiently.. ;)

Back