Windows 7 Vanishing Video

seekermeister

Honorable Member
I downloaded a video from YouTube which has a ∆ symbol before and after the title. When I look for it in the download location where it should be, it's not there, yet it it must actually be there, because when I selected it in my browser's download manager's list, the movie does play.

I have the OS set to show all hidden and protected files, so I'm assuming that the ∆ symbol has something to do with the problem. Does anyone know precisely what this means, and more importantly how I can see the file so that I can put it where I want it?

Well, I got the biggest part of the problem solved, even though it didn't appear in the file manager that I normally use (FreeCommander), it did appear in Windows Explorer. I renamed the file, getting rid of those odd symbols, but when I then tried to locate the file in FC, but it froze and I had to kill it with the Task Manager. After restarting it, the file is now visible in it also. It still leaves me wondering what those symbols mean?

Didn't see Samaritan, but just about everything else. Your list shows that it is the Greek capital letter delta, but unless the video uploader only added those for "eye candy, I still don't know why they were there, because the title is in English. I think that the uploader just thought they were nifty...I don't. Apparently FreeCommander doesn't support as great of a character set as Windows Explorer does.

Back
Top Bottom