Verisoft vs Norton Identity Safe

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help and Support' started by PSU113, Apr 27, 2009.

1. PSU113

PSU113 New Member

I have Verisoft Access Manager installed and running on my HP Vista laptop. Also have Norton Intenet Security installed. At times, a popdown Norton ID Safe wants me to set that up. Has anybody compared Verisoft to Norton ID Safe? Presently, Verisoft works fine and dandy for me, as I only want website signin info (User/password) to be auto. I keep credit card info and other sensitive info secured only in non-C:/drive files on external HD's. Just curious about Norton ID Safe experience.

Charles

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

For me personally, I'll stay away from any Norton (Symantec) products at this time. My PC came preloaded with Norton (60 day trial), so I used it. For lack of knowledge I didn't know any better. Then my system slowed down to a crawl, come to find out it was Norton and it's bloated apps running in the background cutting my system performance in half. So I went with the free stuff from the web. Now I have been lighting fast ever since. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Norton. Norton was a great product back in the day before Symantec bought them out. To each his/her own. There are some out there that swear by it and others that hate it just as much. Although I have heard that Symantec is working on a version that will act like the the old Norton version but have that modern look and feel. If they can pull that off I give it another shot. Until then I'll stick with the free stuff.

3. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Same here really... I used to swear by Norton (2002) but they just got too intrusive and resource greedy.