Windows 7 VFD - Windows 64-bit - Says Does not work with Windows 95/98/Me

Arro

I am trying to use a VFD and I use the 64-bit patched version, and it gives me the error of not being able to load it. I also tried doing the unsigning my drivers, but it did nothing.

Hi

As far as I know there is no 64 bit version available for Virtual Floppy Drive.
Here's a link to their web site, I see there is now some info about 64 bit but it's over my head.
Sounds kind of like a do it yourself project.

Virtual Floppy for Windows

Mike

Hi again.

I assume it would but if you have more then 3 Gigabytes of ram you don't want to do that.

What is it that your are trying to do that requires virtual floppy drive?
If you have data on a lot of old floppy disks can you find someone with a older computer who could copy them to CD.

If you really need to run it, a better option might be to leave your Windows 7 64 bit alone, create a new partition and install 32 bit Windows XP or something compatible with VFD on it and run it from there.

Do the USB floppy drives available not work in Windows 7 64 bit, I don't see an answer to that.

I found this maybe this could help...

How to create a virtual floppy drive on Windows 7 64-bit - Super User

I found this floppy that says it works with Widows 7 64 bit, but it's from Amazon in England.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PC-Trading-.../ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/279-2296935-1491764

Mike

Last edited:
I need it to crack image files.

Arro,

You will no longer receive help for what you want to do here.
Windows 7 Forums Rules:
1. No Software Piracy: You agree by posting on this site you will not post links or discuss in any way, ways to pirate or illegally download any proprietary or commercial software. (Example: Windows 7). This site is based on discussion and support for this kind of software, not stealing it. There are no exceptions to this policy.

Don

I wasnt the one stealing it, as it was given to me. Anyways, I just reinstalled to 32-bit, and it works now. Thanks though.

EDIT: The VFD is just needed to install it, and it was not working on the 64-bit system.

Back