video show grains

Hi.!

I am trying to play a DVD video file on my windows 7 windows media player. Since it is a DVD format, the movie is crystal clear (hv tested it on my laptop [vista]). When i play it in windows 7, the movie shows a lot of grains and is not at all clear.! I've even tried a couple of codecs, tried k-lite mega pack, Media player classic...btu in vain. Kindly help me out plz.

Thanks in advance.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Is your graphics driver the latest version?

Hi.! Thanks for replying...

The graphic card is an onboard intel card....i'm not really sure of the model number and everything...but i do see an icon in my taskbar which says "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator"...so i guess windows 7 did install the graphics driver.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Hmm...There might be a better version which may cure your problem. Have you tried clicking the icon and seeing if you could change any settings?
Also if you download this utility here: Lavalys - Comprehensive IT Security and Management

You'll be able to discover which motherboard you have and which chipset.. or checkout this page here:

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-009245.htm

Hi...thanks for replying...:)

This is what it says....

Intel(R) 915G/P/GV/GL/PL/910GE/GL Processor to I/O Controller - 2580

is it all like in squares?

i have the same problem

tried installing a fresh driver for the NVIDIA- current Geforce - does that have anything to do with the video quality?

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
i have the same problem

tried installing a fresh driver for the NVIDIA- current Geforce - does that have anything to do with the video quality?
Need a bit more info really..Could you list your system spec?

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Hi...thanks for replying...:)

This is what it says....

Intel(R) 915G/P/GV/GL/PL/910GE/GL Processor to I/O Controller - 2580
I checked on the Intel site and the latest driver I could find was for XP... How old is your machine?

I checked on the Intel site and the latest driver I could find was for XP... How old is your machine?
it's about 5 yrs old...

im not really good in this - i have a HP pavilion DV2700

do you know what can be the problem - it only started after installing the new windows

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
it's about 5 yrs old...
Hmm......I think your gonna have problems... Your machine may be a little old to get perfect functionality with 7...

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter

do you know what can be the problem - it only started after installing the new windows
Same with you adamike, I'd try running vista drivers if you can otherwise your machine may be a little too old..

I have to agree with Kem....those pc's will have issues due to the age. Win 7 as well as Vista has a much higher overhead than XP, requiring newer more efficient hardware

True...Even i encountered this problem after installing windows 7.!

Hmm......I think your gonna have problems... Your machine may be a little old to get perfect functionality with 7...
:(....what i'm running it windows 7 ultimate....would the home edition work properly?

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Unfortunately it has little to do with the os version..

Whilst it's true that windows 7 doesn't need much to run (not as much as vista anyway). It still needs relatively recent hardware... So if your laptop/desktop easily ran vista then under 7 it shouldn't have any problems... If you've never ran vista and was hoping to leap straight to 7 then it might be the case where the machine is just not up to the job....

If you still feel that your machine may be capable then try the 7 install advisor: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.