Windows 10 Vimeo

bochane

Excellent Member
I just received in my email (I am using the standard W10 app) the wellknown "Someone shared a video with you on Vimeo" message. Now I am wondering what I have to install and/or set to view it. Installing VLC and silverlight is not enough.

Has any one fixed this already?

Yes.... but Edge / Spartan, the default internet browser, has an inbuild flash player, and it is enabled too.

It may be something with that mail app......

Thanks anyway,

Henk

Hi

I have a Vimeo Account and I can view any video on it in my browser full screen HD, without any additional software.

What happens when you try and open the video on their website.

Can you see this video or do you get a message saying that you need to install something?

Mike

Hi Mike,

It started the normal way with an email with the message "Someone shared a video with you on Vimeo", with a picture of the video.

In previous versions of windows, with the MS live email client, all I had to do is clicking on the picture and the video started.

Now in the standard W10 email client this does not work - nothing happens. Clicking in the picture, shaking the picture, just nothing happened.

Spartan is able to open your video and the url of that video in the email (but my notebook is too underpowered to play it smoothly) anyway Spartan looks OK

So I am wondering what the email app prevents from opening Spartan.....

Henk

Last edited:
Hi

I haven't been using Spartan but I just tried it and is did play the video OK.
I then sent an email to myself with a link to a video in it and opened it using the Windows 10 mail client.

When I opened the message in Windows 10 Mail, and clicked on the link it opened the video in Google Chrome.

My guess is that you don't have any settings that tell the Mail Client where it should open web links.

I looked and I couldn't find any settings that related to that.
I have no idea how it decides other than looking at what you have set as your default browser.
I Chrome is my default.

What happens if you copy the link from the mail message and paste it into the Spartan address bar?
If that works then Mail must not know what it's supposed to do with the link.

Is Spartan set to be your default browser?
I don't actually see a way to do that either.

Mike

Hi Mike,

I am on 10125, when I go to Action Center, All Settings, System, Default Apps, somewhere down I see the default app for HTTPS is Spartan!

And Spartan accepts and plays these video's

Henk

Last edited:
Back