Virtual XP connection

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by MariK, Jan 19, 2011.

1. MariK

MariK New Member

I have a new machine with Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit. I set up the XP Virtual machine, installed all my applications and everything was working perfectly including Internet Explorer, McAfee, etc.

The virtual internet related packages quit getting the connection. I have an internet connection (virtual) when I open the Local Area Connection Status window; but virtual IE nor McAfee will open. The strange thing is when I switch back to regular IE on the Windows 7 side, IE opens just fine. Any ideas on how to get it back working on the virtual side?

2. Super Sarge

Super Sarge New Member

Go to virtual xp
    go to run type cmd
    when Cmd window comes up
    type
    Ipconfig /release
    then
    Ipconfig /renew

Remember there is a space between ipconfig and the slash

3. MariK

MariK New Member

Thanks very much Master Super Sarge. I get the 3 new ip numbers but IE nor McAfee find it. It was originally working because I downloaded McAfee directly from the internet. I tried to install the software from provider and it's not doing it either. Seems like a setting. Still working fine on the Win 7 side. I have 5 machines and one other had the same issue and is now working fine this morning. It's very odd. I still need to get the virtual side to connect too.