Windows 10 Virtualization

Darth4212

I don't have virtualization on my computer I was wondering if there was maybe a way to install it or a workaround so I can use programs that have to have virtualization?

Can you give more details for what your trying to do. Virtualization needs to supported by the hardware and BIOS. That is also where you enable it.

I don't have virtualization capabilities whatsoever what I was asking was if there is a way to install it or a program that I can do for a workaround

I don't have virtualization capabilities whatsoever
ok what motherboard have you got and how much ram will decide if its even an option before we go into programs.

if we assume your board can handle it (most can now days) then you pick a software to run the host/ vmachine interface... thats called a hyperviser and you can only have one of these per system. there are two main and 1 open source option here;
  • Hyper-v is microsoft and come free with any pro copy of W8.1 or 10... if your licence is a pro copy then its just a matter of turning it on from the control panel.
Screenshot (2).png

Hyper-v is the best at ram/ cpu management and very up to date but it does not allow Grapthics and sound card share with the host machine because its a bussiness system so not the 1st pick for gaming.
  • Wmware is older and not as good at ram management however it does support G-card and s-card share with the host so its a good option if you want to have a v-xp machine to run your old Kotor games on a modern laptop... the vmware player is free but the full workstation copy can get $$$ (shop around for a sale)... vmware also has a Mac option but they are not the same software so if you have mac and windows then pick the one you want most.
  • Vbox is open source... its ok for learning on but not a first pick for any job imo.

Last edited:
wait correction it is a HP Pavilion dv6-1199eg maybe to be honest all i know is that it looks like this
csm_hp_dv6_gesamt3_05_d3c5351458.jpg

The reason I don't know it offhand is because I am at school right now and the laptop I am using isn't the same as the one I am asking about sorry for the confusion:thud::thud::thud::thud::thud::thud:

HP Pavilion DV6-2173cl

A downgraded i5 with 4 threads... very good board for running a V-host.

HP Pavilion dv6-1199eg

The amd chip... not so much but you say you already have Vbox before?

if you have used vbox on that machine then it should take vmware now (assumes you remove vbox)... I'd not recommend hyper-v for such an old system because you won't see any improvment over what wmware will give and vmware (being itself older) is better ... get the old V7 free player here .

Do you have the current version of Vbox some of the most recent builds don't work on Windows 10. I would also do a complete uninstall and install the most current version of Vbox

I run 4 virtual machines on windows 10 so it does work. Probably not a help for your situation but I wanted to let you know that windows is not the problem.
Make sure you are using the latest VBOX version.
5.0.14 r105127

5.0.12 works too I think 5.0.10 does work too but in limited capacity on Windows 10

Back