Windows 7 virus help

silver04v

So my fiance plugged in a USB drive with music from limewire..security essentials popped up with a Trojan downloader...I hit fix, then said it was OK. I turned it on this morning and it popped up again. So I'm running a full scan, but what do you think? What should I do to get rid of this. It seems even though I selected remove when security essentials came up that it is still infected. The scan has found stuff 6 minutes in it says and ill be able to look when its done. I'm so mad this just happened to my brand new computer.

Try the free version of mbam from here:

Malwarebytes : Download free malware, virus and spyware tools to get your computer back in shape!

I've always maintained a full image of my system drive using Acronis True Image - some malware can be very difficult to eliminate and running a full recovery from a system image can be a very effective way of getting back to a clean state. You can a free trial of Acronis from here:

Backup and restore system software and PC system utilities for Windows and Linux OSs

I ran mse and it found it. I then allowed it to remove it. I restarted then it didn't come back when the computer rebooted. I have also done malwarbytes which came back clean. I'm running a second mse full scan now . If I comes back clean I should be good?

Yes if Malwarebytes came up clean you are probably good to go.
I haven't seen many thing that it misses.

Back