Windows Vista virus

chaz

:confused:
Computer specs,Intel Desktop DG965RY Features
Operating System: Windows vista premium build 6000
Processor: 2.67 Gigaherts Intel core2 duo: System Model Intel Corporation, Desktop.
Memory DDR2 dual inline memory module 2 gb. Video Nvidia GeForce 8600GTS.
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Sony DVD[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] AW- G170A ATA Device Memory: 2 GB RAM 240 pin ddr2 sdram [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] Hard Drive: ONE 300 Gb Monitor: lg Generic PNP Anti-virus Software: Norton AntiVirus[/FONT]
I have norton internet security, spyware doctor, xoftspy se, adware se
I have ran all of then and have no virus.

But when i type in internet explorer or google and search for a site it takes me to a different site that i did not type in and the sites are high risk.

I have ran all scans for virus and have not picked up any trojans or worms.
That i can find. But i most have sometihng.

your computer has been hijacked.

do a system restore, or search the c:\ drive for odd looking files which planted the hijack.

i did a restore on mine, got rid of it

Hi!!! That is interesting.... It's kind of like that feature in Windows Vista, that allows a friend to link to your computer, remember that? Norton does allow an independant scan in case the software is malfunctioning, which has happened to me, but not because of a virus. Is it possible your computer has a simple registry problem ?

Also check task manager and do a Google on all processes that you don't know anything about. I found a redirector at a client site that way. ProcView might also help as it breaks out the svchost entries.

Also check task manager and do a Google on all processes that you don't know anything about. I found a redirector at a client site that way. ProcView might also help as it breaks out the svchost entries.
Hi!! I put RegCure on my computer, it cleans up file pathways, it does so much I'm impressed. I was thinking maybe a run away Active X could have corrupted file pathways and logs. With the proper training a person might get by without a repair tech. Celestra

Back
Top Bottom