Windows 10 Virus

Jithu

I've found some files without any label or details with an icon similar to that of C drive (which has a windows logo) in my smart phone internal memory when i connected it with my pc. My phone got slow and got some glitches in my PC also. But non of the antivirus softwares ( i recently used kaspersky total security) with its updated virus definitions not detecting any virus or malware. HELP ME.

what virus is this.JPG

You're going to need to provide more details.
  • What type of phone is this?
  • Where is the above icon shown?
  • Define "got some glitches in my PC"
  • How is the follow connected and how is the phone being presented to the computer as "Media device or storage device etc"

Kaspersky won't catch mobile device viruses in most cases.:waah: It appears that when you connected your phone to your PC--you transmitted a virus to the PC from the phone, or vice-versa. In either case, on the PC side you should ditch the Kaspersky (uninstall it), which should re-enable WD (Windows Defender) which is the built-in AV that comes free with W10. Use WD to scan/remove all viruses found on your PC. Make sure to disconnect your phone when doing this scan. Additionally, download the free MALWAREBYTES antispyware from malwarebytes.org and scan/remove all spyware viruses found on your PC.

Next, you'll need to immediately make a backup of all your personal data on that phone to external media such as external HDD, flash drive, or Cloud storage account. Then you should do a factory reset on the phone (to remove any viruses if the phone was the infection vector), and when the phone reboots the very first thing you should do is to purchase a low-cost phone AV such as Lookout or Avast for $9.99 per year. That's protection on your phone for less than $1 per month. Run the Lookout or Avast scanner on install, and it will automatically find any viruses lurking in your phone (most will be wiped out by the reset), and remove them. Avast makes their AV for Android, Mac, and Windows Phones; Lookout makes theirs for Android and iPhone (IOS).

Posting back specifics on your phone such as Make/Model as neem asked, will allow us to further advise you.

Let us know how it goes,:teeth:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

You're going to need to provide more details.
  • What type of phone is this?
  • Where is the above icon shown?
  • Define "got some glitches in my PC"
  • How is the follow connected and how is the phone being presented to the computer as "Media device or storage device etc"
1.Phone is Lenovo K3 Note
2.The icon is shown in the internal storage, when browsed via file explorer in my pc.
3.Sometimes my pc becomes not responding, stuck touch pad, also while trying to replay the alphabet keys and numbers are not getting typed. But all other keys and other functions of num keys other than numbers like home,end...are functioning. After some time it got corrected without me doing anything specifically.
4.Phone was connected via USB cable provided with it. It is shown as a media device.

Your computer is either trying to index files on the phone or it's simply having some issues reading the content. I doubt it has anything to do with malware from the phone.

Neem may well be right. But, it's a good idea to scan your PC anyway, what with the new Gooligan virus out there attacking thousands of Android & iPhones. Once your phone is backed up, you can do a factory reset on it, and retest the PC with the phone again and see if it's fixed. Hopefully, Yes!!:up:

BBJ

Back