Windows Vista Vista and the Backup utility

Matthew

I am having trouble with the backup utility of Vista.

I am successful in launching the application and initiation of it. It analyzes and informs me of the need 22 cds or 3 dvds. I go to write to dual layer dvd and once I was able to get Vista to write and verify the first of the dvds. I didn't launch into writing the second dvd with system generated statements ranging from: a. no disc, b. corrupt or unusable disc, c. incompatible media.

Of late, I can't even get the first dvd to write. I finally did get an error code: 0x8004007 (I believe that is it, I don't have the actual code in front of me.)

Has anyone else encountered this problem? My device manager and subsequent analysis tells me the drivers for the dvd writer is uptodate.

Thank, Matthew

Not sure if this has anything to do with yours but I had the same kind of messages with another program (convertXtoDVD) when trying to burn a dvd. Updated the LG firmware driver from the LG website and everything worked fine after the update. Might be worth it to look at the manufacturers website to see if they have any updated firmware for your DVD/CD burner.

The HPlot thickens

Does anyone know who manufactures and allows HP to relabel their optical drives. I have found out that HP hasn't released the drivers to its "older" model optical devices. I had an idea that if I knew the manufacture (Sony, Samsung or Life-On), I stood a fairly solid chance I could download a firmware update.

Does anyone know if there is a version of the software utility Everest or its equivalent for the Vista world?

Back