Windows 7 VISTA DESKTOP vs WIN7 DESKTOP

On Vista AERO I could have a wonderful waterfall moving on the desktop.
On Win7 AERO I can have only a "FIXED" waterfall on the desktop.
Will Win7 provide the same moving themes (video) for the desktop?:frown::confused:

On Vista AERO I could have a wonderful waterfall moving on the desktop.
On Win7 AERO I can have only a "FIXED" waterfall on the desktop.
Will Win7 provide the same moving themes (video) for the desktop?:frown::confused:

I believe u r talkin about dreamscene..if yes, there is a hack for it. I have personally tried and it works gr8. Follow the below link thru which I d/l the hack file and installed it. Link Removed - Not Found

I believe u r talkin about dreamscene..if yes, there is a hack for it. I have personally tried and it works gr8. Follow the below link thru which I d/l the hack file and installed it. Link Removed - Not Found
Hi, thanks I will try this....BUT doesn't Microsoft built this into win7 in the future? or why not?

No, Dreamscene was a great concept in theory, but in the real world, it was pretty much a flop, to some degree.
Only available to Ultimate users at first then later to Vista Home Premium, only through stardock.
But, required a lot of CPU and RAM cycles for some dreamscenes.
Not all PC's that were sold with Vista could handle it.

Not all Scenes were free, and some caused problems.

Plus there was some interest, but not enough, and I think Stardock (or MS) didn't want to mess with the licensing.
Who knows. But it has been removed.

Use the hack to put it back in.

No, Dreamscene was a great concept in theory, but in the real world, it was pretty much a flop, to some degree.
Only available to Ultimate users at first then later to Vista Home Premium, only through stardock.
But, required a lot of CPU and RAM cycles for some dreamscenes.
Not all PC's that were sold with Vista could handle it.

Not all Scenes were free, and some caused problems.

Plus there was some interest, but not enough, and I think Stardock (or MS) didn't want to mess with the licensing.
Who knows. But it has been removed.

Use the hack to put it back in.
Thank you very much for this enlightening reply. Amazing you don't hear about this from MS itself.
Again, Thanks

I used Orbit's Plus Patch on the original beta to enable Dreamscene and did encounter one problem.

It did not contain the correct path when you went to Personalize, you had to navigate to the C:\Windows\Web\Windows DreamScene

Even on a cheap $399.00 E-Machine with a low-end graphics card.

It may not work with the newer builds.

It does work correctly in Windows Vista, however.

weird tht many users have problems enabling/installing dreamscene in win 7 RC. I had no problems installing it and activating. It was smooth has in vista. I followed the same link and patch/hack i have posted in my first post in this thread. Anyways, I am not using dreamscene vdoz in my lappy, resource hungry. :)

As an aside to this issue.
I would not put it past Stardock to update and sell a version of DreamScene for 7 if there is demand for it.

I tried DreamScene. It kept my poor old single core processor running at about 30% constantly. I don't have that much power to spare.

Back