Vista drive clone or image software ?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help and Support' started by vietkool, Jan 24, 2009.

1. vietkool

vietkool New Member

I dont know is this forum correct forum to post this question, if not Mod please move to correct one. - Thanks

Question I have is, I am using vista ultimate 32bit, got lot of program installed. I just got a new raptor drive and like to clone everything to a new drive. I used the ghost14, copy drive but it wouldn;t boot up. it's only copy the whole drive. is there is any software out there can do image or clone drive so I dont have to run install vista again on my new drive.

2. Celestra

Celestra Former Moderator

Hi! I only know about "Disk Wizard" and "Dynamic Drive Overlay"-- I don't know a lot about your system.

3. Mike

Mike Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

Acronis True Image is among the best in my opinion. This is not an endorsement but I am aware of it being very easy to use and among the best for both servers and workstations.

Best of luck.

4. Celestra

Celestra Former Moderator

DiscWizard is a pared down form of Acronis True Image- except it is offered for free if you own a Seagate hard drive. Clone Hard Drive Software? - Page 2 - PC Perspective Forums

5. vietkool

vietkool New Member

thanks guys!!!

I just got me a Acronics True Image, it work good for me. the only thing kindda annoying is I have to create a boot disk and boot from there then doing the drive or partition clone.
    anyway it work just great save me tons of time if I have to reinstall vista and apps that I need.