Windows Vista Vista Icons

dban1957

On Vista I have a shortcut on the desktop to a DOS Program. The program runs all right. However, I can't change the icon's
appearance. It's all white with the shortcut arrow through it.

When I hit change icon, to choose a different icon,
nothing happens to the appearance of the icon on the
desktop.

I can change other shortcut icons but this one shortcut to
the DOS program. Has anyone run across this before?

Thanks,

David

I hate the white naked files in Vista. I was freaked out because all my package files from the sims were like that. I had to download SimPe and associate my files with it. They don't look like the regular package files that were in XP but as least they are not plain white and naked anymore. As far as your dos problem I don't know how you would fix that because I do not mess with dos.

:) Hi! Since it is only one file affected. Try a simple system restore to a point dated before the problem started. The icon file may have been corrupted in some way.

no this happened to my sim files after I got Vista, my xp computer died. Everybody that plays sims have naked files now, unless they download SimPe or make their own with an icon making program.

Our print screen does not work with Vista either. I had to download a program called Gadwin print screen. Vista is a piece of crap :(

no this happened to my sim files after I got Vista, my xp computer died. Everybody that plays sims have naked files now, unless they download SimPe or make their own with an icon making program.

Our print screen does not work with Vista either. I had to download a program called Gadwin print screen. Vista is a piece of crap :(

There is a program that is over laid over the icon that works well with Vista. I can't remember it off hand, I'll get back to you......on that. Have you tried using an already created icon? You might need (WinBubble) to unlock. At Link Removed - Invalid URL I saw a Sims 2 Icon- they may have others. You can also try Link Removed - Invalid URL I didn't see any Sims icons there, but you might find something you like.

I did some checking, I think the program that they told me about was this Change Vista icons, Change folder icons, Remove shortcut arrows Which isn't what you want- but it might be handy. Turns out that the person who makes the "SIMS 2 ICON" is a forum member "kchamp". (Leave a message for him at the forum if you like) He runs the website Vista Game Icons. There are a couple of software sets you can check out, one was $39.99. IconCool - Vista Icon Editor, Icon Maker, XP Icon Creator, Icon Library Manager and more! and Axialis Software - Make Your Own Icons and Cursors, Vista Icons, XP Icons, Macintosh Icons

Thanks Celestra for all your help.
I can't remember exactly how the sims icon did look in xp and millinium after you unzipped them, there was a blue picture inside of them and the files were called .package files

Thanks Celestra for all your help.
I can't remember exactly how the sims icon did look in xp and millinium after you unzipped them, there was a blue picture inside of them and the files were called .package files

:) You must have them in system restore disks somewhere, don't you ? Try getting them back with that.....

Back