Windows Vista Vista network sees partition but folder empty

Dangrab

I have a NAS, which is a Seagate Free Agent drive attached by USB to a Linksys WRT350N router. Linksys tech support got me to the point where the partitions on the drive are visible to the network ( in Local security policy under Network security:LAN manager authentication level I set it to use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated ) which allowed me to log in to the router. Now the two partitions in the Seagate are visible in addition to the other computers on the network. However, when I click on the partition it says the folder is empty. (When I map the Seagate as a network drive on the Vista machine there is no problem seeing all the folders and files.)When I click on another computer on the network, either a Vista machine or an xp machine, all shared folders and files are available. This is the result from the Vista Ultimate machine. When I do the same from the xp pro machines I see all the shared sub folders and files of the Seagate.

I believe there is some other step that must be taken somewhere to allow me to see the folders and files. Needless to say this situation makes backing up to this drive somewhat difficult, to say the least.

I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions to get me straightened out

Dan

Back
Top Bottom