Vista wants me to "Safely Remove HArdware"

I have an item in my taskbar (that is always on) requesting me to "Safely Remove" the following hardware:

Hitachi HDT725025VLA SCSI Disk Device - Drive (which is my hard drive)

and

PBDS DVD+-RW DH-16W15 SCSI CcRom Device (which is my DVD drive)

Any suggestions as to what I can do to get rid of this "warning"?

I've been unsuccessful in every attempt I've made.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Does the 'warning' look like a USB key with a green tick next to it? When you move the mouse cursor over the icon, you see 'safely remove Hardware'? If it does, it's supposed to be there so don't worry. I have one too (an icon) and it's actually for hot swappable HDD's, and is part of your chipset software.

Does the 'warning' look like a USB key with a green tick next to it? When you move the mouse cursor over the icon, you see 'safely remove Hardware'? If it does, it's supposed to be there so don't worry. I have one too (an icon) and it's actually for hot swappable HDD's, and is part of your chipset software.
Thanks, Kemical.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Glad to be of help Bubba :D

M

matemyday

I have one too. Happened after i installed last vista update. Also used my virus tools to scan and came up clean. However, form what i read this is normal since latest vista updates.

U

Unregistered

Mine is always on too but it wants me to remove my Hauppage tv card and Edimax wireless adaptor, it is really annoying as its a media centre and everytime i bring it from sleep it always makes stupid sounds ( like when you plug or unplug a camera, etc) telling me to remove the devices, although i've disabled the sounds the screen flickes on and off about 6 times and media centre starts with the toolbar showing!
Anyone else have this problem?
Jon

Here is a work round for some posters:

Right click start - choose properties - taskbar - notification area -customize - find icon & click to change behaviour.

Here is a work round for some posters:

Right click start - choose properties - taskbar - notification area -customize - find icon & click to change behaviour.
What he said :D

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.