Windows 7 VMware

Peterr

Fantastic Member
hELLO

I have gotten as far as getting the VM Player on my desktop along with the icon,HOWEVER, a warning appears asking if I can verify privileges. I right clicked initially and ran as administrator.
I noticed VMware folders in the installation path which I cleared. I also ran $temp%.
How can I accomlsh this so the installation will remain on deskktop and install..
Thank you
Peter

hELLO

I have gotten as far as getting the VM Player on my desktop along with the icon,HOWEVER, a warning appears asking if I can verify privileges. I right clicked initially and ran as administrator.
I noticed VMware folders in the installation path which I cleared. I also ran $temp%.
How can I accomlsh this so the installation will remain on deskktop and install..
Thank you
Peter

I have trouble understanding what you were saying.
1. Did you log on to your admin account? If no, maybe you do that first.
2. Did you download your VMare from this site?
https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/free#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_player/6_0

I had installed VMare once for Windows 8 Preview, and once for Linux, in my Windows 7 machine.
So, I am relatively familiar with VMare.
Maybe I can help if I understand what is your problem.

As the app, VMWare makes critical changes to the registry files of Windows OS, you receive these warnings.
It is part and parcel of using VMWare.
You will have to give administrator privileges every time you run VMWare.

But if you want to use Windows and not make any changes to your original OS then I suggest you use Azure Windows 10 Virtual Machine.
You could carry out all the tasks you want with this VirtualMachine with having to use VMWare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom