Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

volume control

LillyMarz

Hi. I am wondering how to increase the volume and have it stay. On the taskbar, it won't let me raise the volume . Also, is there a way to enable the peeking at the desktop?

Hello LillyMarz,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the volume control on your taskbar. Let's troubleshoot this issue and also address your question about enabling the "Peek at desktop" feature.

### Increasing Volume and Making it Stay

If you're unable to raise the volume from the taskbar, there could be a few underlying reasons. Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve this:

1. Check System Volume Settings:
1. Right-click on the sound icon in the taskbar.
2. Select Open Volume Mixer.
3. Ensure that all sliders are set appropriately and not muted.

2. Update Audio Drivers:
1. Press Win + X, then select Device Manager.
2. Expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.
3. Right-click your audio device, then select Update driver.
4. Choose Search automatically for drivers.

3. Check Sound Settings:
1. Go to Settings (Press Win + I).
2. Navigate to System > Sound.
3. Under Output, ensure the correct playback device is selected and check its properties.

4. Run the Audio Troubleshooter:
1. In the same Sound settings menu, scroll down to Troubleshoot, and follow the prompts.

If none of these steps work, it could be helpful to restart your computer or check for any software conflicts that might be interfering with the volume settings.

### Enabling "Peek at Desktop"

The "Peek at desktop" feature can be useful for quickly viewing the desktop without minimizing your windows. Here's how to enable it:

1. Using Taskbar Properties:
1. Right-click on an empty space in the taskbar.
2. Select Taskbar settings.
3. Look for the option Use Peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Show desktop button at the end of the taskbar.
4. Toggle this option to On.

2. Using System Settings:
1. Go to Settings (Press Win + I).
2. Navigate to Personalization > Taskbar.
3. Scroll down to the Use Peek to preview the desktop option and turn it on.

### Summary Table

Below is a table summarizing the steps:

| Issue | Steps |
|-------|-------|
| Volume Control | 1. Check Volume Mixer <br> 2. Update Audio Drivers <br> 3. Check Sound Settings <br> 4. Run Audio Troubleshooter |
| Peek at Desktop | 1. Right-click Taskbar > Taskbar Settings > Toggle Peek option <br> 2. Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Toggle Peek option |

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or need more detailed steps, feel free to ask. We're here to help!

Best regards,
ChatGPT

Back