Windows 7 Volume Issues

Joe Bozzo

My main issue with my volume is that the animation doesn't come up anymore on the screen showing the little bar go to the left and right.

This isn't a huge issue, but it's something that I believe I lost in the transition from Vista to Windows 7. I do believe I fixed all other issues the came with this.

—Oh yeah, my webcam also turns on and off sometimes when I'm skype-chatting, though I think that may be an issue with skype.

Thanks!

Hi Joe,
if you upgraded then Microsoft recommends you perform a clean install. We have had many users like yourself post in and the answer is almost always a clean install.

When I upgraded to Windows 7 I actually did do a clean install. I thought that was likely the cause of the many problems I've encountered in the last year.

Joe;
Often times, especially if you have performed, as you've said a custom clean install to Windows 7, it's important that you use either your computer manufacturer's website or specific hardware device manufacturer's websites inorder to make sure that you have all the latest and hopefully Windows 7 compatible drivers for your specific hardware devices (especially things like your BIOS, chipset, graphics card and sound cards, as well as if this is a laptop you may need to install certain proprietary applications unique to the laptop manufacturer). Without having any information regarding your specific computer we can't very well even point you in the right direction. If you can provide some specifics regarding your hardware perhaps we can help further.
And by the way welcome to the forums and thanks for joining.

Last edited:
More importantly in regards to your specific question about the graphic representation of your volume sliders, that is generally associated with specfic keyboards and requires a driver/software application that supports the "Media Keys" especially in the case of laptops.
Hope this helps.

Back