Windows 7 VPN Incoming

tcswinme

Im currently running a very small office by using win xp as my server. Recently i started to use VPN to connect my accounting software outside my office such as connecting to my xp server from home and cafe to do my work.

I find out XP VPN allow only 1 user connect at the same time. When my colleague want to connect office XP server, he has to wait me to disconnect in order for him to login. I read some article found windows server 2012 R2 support 5 user login simultaneously. But, it is expensive and set up require knowledge. I do not have Win Server knowledge and i cant manage it by myself.

Is there any windows can support more than 1 VPN incoming ? (not windows server)

Remote desktop is not suitable for my application

XP will only support one incoming VPN connection, unless you're using some kind of 3rd party VPN server on it. However what router are you using? Is it on the DD-WRT compatibility list? I've used DD-WRT flashed routers to provide stable and seamless VPN integration many times, I recommend it if you're advanced enough to handle flashing your router (if it supports it).

Im currently used Technicolor TG784n V3 router. Connect via dyn.com

What is DD-WRT? what do you mean by flashing my router?

3rd party VPN services like "HideMyAss"??

Your router does not support DD-WRT and I don't think you have enough experience to do that anyway (no offense). Have you tried using Hamachi?

Back