VPN tracking

Jck

Hello I have hosted a VPN server using the add role and feature in windows server 2012 r2 is there any way to log all the websites that have been accessed while on the VPN. atm i can log visited websites ips but not the URL's.

Well the assumption is that people are using the VPN to access your internal network resources from an external network. While connected in that way they certainly could visit sites; however, the VPN role doesn't care or track that. You'd want to setup a web proxy and redirect any web traffic from the VPN connection pool to the proxy. Then you can track website activity.

alright how would one do that? is there proxy server option in roles and features and then u just connect them thought the setting or sumthing?
anyway will look into it. ty

alright how would one do that? is there proxy server option in roles and features and then u just connect them thought the setting or sumthing?
anyway will look into it. ty
Commercial endpoint security software will usually allow you to track all outbound traffic over client workstations with relative ease. Edge/Internet Explorer should be severely restricted on Windows Server so as to not allow this type of behavior/reduce the attack surface.

Commercial endpoint security software will usually allow you to track all outbound traffic over client workstations with relative ease. Edge/Internet Explorer should be severely restricted on Windows Server so as to not allow this type of behavior/reduce the attack surface.
how does it work?
i just install the endpoint antivirus and it logs everything that goes through the VPN Server?

Back