Windows 7 W7 display

mentaliss

Extract of a posting I have made at AVS Forum (USA)

I have an odd problem with my display
Previous configuration of the HTPC: Vista 32bit, 4850 Valor, Gig’EX58-UD5, PWRDVD 9Ultra, Marantz AV 8003 Processor, JVC 350 Projector, etc etc

I have made two changes to this configuration: W7 Pro, ATI 5770 (purchased for Bitstreaming---what a joke!) Here’s the problem, when I play back a movie weather it be a Blue Ray or normal DVD I don’t get full screen display, although set up configuration for the PWRDVD and 5770 is (16.9) the display does not go from edge to edge on the screen, I have changed back the 5770 to the 4850, reinstalled all software, latest patches, etc and its still the same, so in theory this should eliminate any fault with the 5770. When I use the stand alone Blue Ray player, (Panasonic BD 80 / Marantz) playback is fine, all this is leading me to believe the problem lies with the OS W7,
Any ideal what could be the problem??
Larry

anyone experienced this problem?

I can't tell you how to fix it but I see "them" talking about these black borders and playback not fitting the screen in several threads here. Try to search for "black border" and maybe someone posted the cure.

Back
Top Bottom