W7 Home Premium and Core 2 Duo

Hi,

I recently saw the offer to get Home Premium for $30 if you're with a University (have a .edu email address). I looked up the wiki page for W7 editions and it has a comparison chart, and it says that Home Premium supports a maximum of 1 CPU chip. My processor is Intel Core 2 Duo. So does this mean that if I get HP, I'll lose out on some of my hardware functionality? Because I don't want that. But I'd obviously rather not spend way more money when I could get W7 for $30.

Thanks

Highwayman

Extraordinary Member
Hi,

I recently saw the offer to get Home Premium for $30 if you're with a University (have a .edu email address). I looked up the wiki page for W7 editions and it has a comparison chart, and it says that Home Premium supports a maximum of 1 CPU chip. My processor is Intel Core 2 Duo. So does this mean that if I get HP, I'll lose out on some of my hardware functionality? Because I don't want that. But I'd obviously rather not spend way more money when I could get W7 for $30.

Thanks
1 CPU means physically 1 Chip...not whether it's multicored, as some people with a dual cpu mobo (intel Skulltrail for example supports 2x quad core cpus) would only get the use of one such cpu...

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.