Windows 7 W7 + Nvidia 8600M GT worked on RC.. Not working now on offical pro version

Floods7

I had the RC running since it came out and everything worked perfectly. Now that I installed the offical Professional version I can not get Windows 7 to detect my Nvidia 8600M GT graphics card. When I bring up dxdiag it says Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, it does detect that it is a NVIDIA but not the apporx memor or monitor (which it used too). When I go to install the driver from the Nvidia website (where I got the driver for the RC, which worked) now says "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit"

can you get the drivers open (like unzipped or whatever) ... then go to your device manager and try to update drivers under the video card... and tell it to check \windows and sub folders
One of my driver updates actaull left the drivers sitting in the filerepository folder... so windoz never saw them till i forced it to look all through my windows subfolders

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom