Windows 8 W8.1 Updates

PragmaticWP

I didn't keep up and they eventually stacked up. I didn't know if it was alright to download them all, and I don't know if it's bad that I kept this much uninstalled. Any feedback appreciated.. thanks. (I'd right more but I had to start over) here are pics (50 for "important" updates, and about 20 for "optional" updates.)
Screenshot_33.png
Screenshot_34.png
Screenshot_35.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_33.png
    Screenshot_33.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 266
  • Screenshot_34.png
    Screenshot_34.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 223
  • Screenshot_35.png
    Screenshot_35.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 251
All the windows updates are fine and safe to install. Personally I don't let windows update any of my hardware drivers....most of the time it gets them wrong. So I update my hardware drivers manually and never check the boxes for those hardware drivers to install. For those I just hide them. AKA your printer.

I had the impression many of the optional updates were to align Windows 8.1 with Windows 10, in preparation for the upcoming release. Would there be any possibility some Hardware drivers were being done for the same reason?

It is funny, though, the Canon drivers have been the ones causing SFC problems for everyone in Windows 8/8.1, not just Canon printer folks.

@op, you want the network and iexplorer updates... I normaly ignore drivers as well but the intel graphics hd 4000 are ok if gaming isn't your thing and you just want to go for simple. Another, imo, better option is to get the driver from intel them-selves as they have a vested interrest in keeping their drivers up to date... you can download the tool from this site.

Back