Windows Vista Wallpaper size issue...

ChiliPalmer

I tried to put a picture as my wallpaper that was NOT the size of my laptop screen...ie: it was a 5x7 shot. Vista auto stretches the picture to fill the screen. I went in to make the adjustment in properties and it will NOT change. It makes all pictures stretched to fit the full screen...I have NO control.

any answers?

Thank you..

CP

I'm having the same issue. I can set any picture to be my background, but Vista will automatically stretch it to fill the screen. When I try to change the setting in the background menu, my background disappears completely.

Furthermore, it appears that the 'browse' function for that page won't accept pictures of any file type other than .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, and .dib. This is a bit of a problem since according to Windows Help I shouldn't use .bmp (it's outdated or something) but .jpg messes up my picture with its compression. Thus when I convert my background to .jpg to avoid the stretching, the picture correspondingly gets some weired colouration (it's subtle, but still there).

What is your graphic solution? In other words whar are you using for the graphics on your pc/laptop?

I'm having the same issue. I can set any picture to be my background, but Vista will automatically stretch it to fill the screen. When I try to change the setting in the background menu, my background disappears completely.

Furthermore, it appears that the 'browse' function for that page won't accept pictures of any file type other than .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, and .dib. This is a bit of a problem since according to Windows Help I shouldn't use .bmp (it's outdated or something) but .jpg messes up my picture with its compression. Thus when I convert my background to .jpg to avoid the stretching, the picture correspondingly gets some weired colouration (it's subtle, but still there).
I believe you have to install software to be able to make wallpaper. Adobe has a tutorial, then there's that stuff i mentioned above.Microsoft Windows Vista Wallpaper - Adobe Photoshop Designing - Adobe Photoshop Software

Back