Windows 7 Watermark change

iroken22

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
Last night my computer did some updates in windows 7. When I turned it on this morning i noticed that the watermark had changed. Has anyone else noticed this yet? Attached is a photo showing the new watermark i have that only shows "Windows 7".

there are ways to remove the watermark completely including the send feedback labels ontop of folders,
look up orbit_30 sometime, however removing the watermark does in some cases break compatibility modes for older software so, well, at leave ive warned you before you try it.

"Send feedback" isn't a problem to remove. Problem is the watermark. It really annoys me. I tried various "removers", but none of them worked. The one which worked for others(Remove7Watermark.exe) with the same build (7000 x64) doesn't works for me. It requires to change/delete a .mui file in windir/system32/en-US/, but the READ-ONLY attribute of that file can't be changed whatever I try. The owner is trustedinstaller(I hate it from the bottom of my heart), and whatever I try I can't change the owner.

Anybody willing to help please?

Last edited:
10x, i'll try and tell you what happened. :D

EDIT: Just tried. The OWNERSHIP util is working fine, but the Remove7Watermark isn't. It still is crapping me with the same message "You must run this program with admin rights", although I'm logged in as an admin and am executing the util with right-click/Run as administrator. The file that the util has to modify, user32.dll.mui, belongs to system/administrators and trustedinstaller is completely removed from the owners list for that file.

Anyone knows how to remove the annoying watermark?

Thank you in advance

P.S. I can't edit my last post, that's why I'm double-posting

Last edited:
Open an administrative command prompt (Right click; Run as Administator)
Type 'net user administrator activate:yes' and hit Enter.

Download this: Link Removed - Invalid URL (I don't know if you're using this one)

UnRAR it, and run it as admin.

Why toying with system files just go get rid of the watermark? I find it pretty cool, reminds everyone who uses my computer that this is beta! :D

PS: My watermark didn't change.

Open an administrative command prompt (Right click; Run as Administator)
Type 'net user administrator activate:yes' and hit Enter.

Download this: MEGAUPLOAD - Watermark Removal. (I don't know if you're using this one)

UnRAR it, and run it as admin.
Done that, but the utility still displays the same msg. :( Is there any other way to remove the watermark?

Thanks for the help. :)

that's it kyle, bring out the big guns!!!!

the watermark remover worked fine for me.

Last night my computer did some updates in windows 7. When I turned it on this morning i noticed that the watermark had changed. Has anyone else noticed this yet? Attached is a photo showing the new watermark i have that only shows "Windows 7".

My watermark is still the same.

Back
Top Bottom