Windows 10 webcam

Marytheknees

i think after a windows update my Logitech webcam is not working like it did before the update if that ius even the problem any way the problem i a having is I have windows 10 home on my pc and have-Logitech webcam C525 hd webcam installed. about a month ago before any recent march updates I was able to take a video and go to file and send it to desktop ans see the photo and was able to share it to Facebook or where ever now i take the video and all i see is the media player icon on the desk top. i am using windows media player as y default player bit have tried VLc Ifram Gom and they all come up on the sesktop with the icom instated of the video it self. it does however open when i click on the icon. but i can not share it to dwsktop or to facebook innthe small chat bo at the bottom. i have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver have reached out to Logitech biut they have no not been very helpful in this. they said it was a windows issiue ao i tried going to windows help and all they wanted to do was reintall refresh do an in place update and i did not want any of that. I think thhis happened after installing this update KB5001567 but can not be certain it worke d before that upsdate on March 16ht and i can not uninstall the update see attachment this is what i see on the desktop

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 121
it does however open when i click on the icon. but i can not share it to dwsktop or to facebook innthe small chat bo at the bottom.
Sharing files is related to permissions. Maybe that is the problem.
There are many online video tutorials.
Here is one of them:

id id what you said but the fact I do not think that is tje problem and how and why did it change

when i take the video with the web cam ot takes it fine and i can see it in the small box at the bottom but as soon as i go to file and ry to piut it to the desktop that is when i get the icon not actual video itf it is media player I haveno idea what to do

it is like for some reason when i send it to the desktop it is like it is an icon not athumb nail all i see is the icon above not the thumb nail and it appears to go directly to the windows media player library
not to the desktop
oddly enough when i take a photo it goes directly to the desk top and i can see the actual judt the video does not work. But I have installed the camera that came with microsot and am am able to use that and get the videos to go to trhe desktop and show the acual video not the icon

it does not matter if i use VLC Gom Ifran or whatever one i use to open it all i see is the icon not the actuall video unless i click the icon it used to go to the desktop and i would see the actual video there and could send it but now no
I spemt 2 hours with a microsof tech and he wanted to refresh or do an im place up grade I did not want to do it because then id lose all my aps ans stuff

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    30.9 KB · Views: 121
it works this way but i have one drive disabled I do not like one drive takes up too much disc space
that is taken with i think the camera that comes with windows 10 works with this camera and the logitec camera
'

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    20.2 KB · Views: 112

Logitech logo

Jessica (Logi)

Mar 25, 2021, 4:22 PM UTC

Dear Mary,

Thank you for getting back and we apologize for the inconvenience that it caused you, The latest windows update that was release by microsoft is to totally remove the flash player in windows since they no longer support adobe flash player and this is the reason why we do suggest to contact Microsoft sine the issue that you have is not relater to Logitech driver. This is about the system happen by Microsoft and we are not train to change some settings in windows.

Thank you for your effort and understanding, Let us know what they will advise once done contacting them for us to check if there's any deep troubleshooting that we can try.

Thank you,
Please feel free to respond to this email.

Thank you,
Logitech Support​

© Copyright 2020 Logitech. All rights reserved. Logitech, the Logitech logo and other Logitech marks are owned by Logitech and may be registered. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.​
[OWGKWL-2VPZ]

Try downloading and installing VLC mediaplayer, it comes with codexs which may solve your problem: www.videolan.org
same thing happens no matter which on i use istill do not see the video on the desktop i see the iconof VLC or Windows media player that i have to click on to open the video. I just received this for Logitech
Mel C. (Logi)

Mar 26, 2021, 3:02 AM UTC

Hi Mary,

We are here to informed you that your issue is already beyond our scope. Kindly contact Windows and ask for assistance.

I do have Vlc and it does the same thing just shows the icon not the thumbnail of the video have tied GOM Vlc all of themand still get the same ressult

You are telling a lot.

Reinstalling the software that came with the webcam, does that help?
'Send it to the desktop', do you mean that you copy the capture to the desktop, or is that some setting in the webcamsoftware telling it to see a life picture of the what the webcam is currently recording?
Richt clicking on the icon on the desktop, what are the properties?

when you take a video and stop it down in te left hand corner it shows the video amall thumbnail like you right click on that thumb nail and if gives you several options go to file delete email/ it used to when i would click go to file once you see in the file folder where you are supposd to see the thumbnail as the actual video you can then drag and sen where ever you want it usually i save to desktop and from there send it or keep it in a file. Now when I open file instead o seeing the actual thumbnail and the video opened in Windows media play what i see it the icon above and it goes to the desktop that way

ok if you look in the bottom left you see the video correct ok when i send to file it goes to desktop with the icon and not the video

?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    795.7 KB · Views: 110
Back
Top Bottom