Windows 7 Weird Cursor Bug

Tamik

Recently I've been having this problem happen regularly where when certain programs run my mouse acts funny and constantly moves to the bottom of the screen. I have no idea how to fix this aside from completely reinstalling the OS, which I want to avoid. As far as I can figure this bug occurs when I'm running certain windows applications such as the accessories magnifier and windows setup wizard. I'm not sure how else to explain this bug or where to look for help so if you want me to post certain specs or what-not of my computer say so and I will post them ASAP.

Also I installed a random game ( Lost Saga hosted by OGPlanet ) and it has the bug even when running the game.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Tamik,
first a couple of questions.. Are you running with the latest drivers and Bios updates for your machine? Secondly, do you have any form of security other than the default firewall that comes with 7 like an anti virus app?

If you have answered yes to the above then it's perhaps the mouse thats at fault.. You could try:
Changing USB ports
Re-installing any drivers (if any)
Check the lazer hasn't got fluff near it
Lastly, try the mouse in a different machine. If it still does the same thing then it's the mouse..

I cannot find what bios I should be running, no modelnumber or version anywhere I could see, but I am running antivirus software and it has not picked up any viruses since I wiped my computer, sometime in January. Also I seriously doubt it is the mouse at fault since the same problem occurs when I have another mouse plugged in or even no mouse at all. I tried reinstalling a lot of other drivers including my mouse driver but none of them did anything, many of the uninstallers showed the same behavior that I often see in installers. I think it is a problem with applications (.exe) since that is the majority of the programs that I have having problems with. .msi installers for example have no problems with it.

If you want me to check for the version of my bios how do I do it, I'm running on a gigabyte AMD Ultra Durable 3 7-series

It just makes my blood boil how Microsoft blames someone else.. I have the same problem, among many others. And have 4 diff machines. It is not a problem with drivers or the mouse, its a problem with the garbage waste of money OS called Windows. Still no fix for the cursor bug.

Deebo

Back
Top Bottom