Weird network symbol

Hello everyone.

Maybe it started yesterday when I got a black screen when the computer started. I waited for a while and I finally was able to enter.
I have a problem with my network, apparently.
Please look at the picture I joined to this post.
Today I tried to log in to Windows Live Messenger and I couldn't, it freezes every time I try to log in.
I don't have access to the shared files I have on my other computers, through my personal home network.
I can open Skype but it will not connect. I cannot open Norton Antivirus. I ran an online virus scan.
I can't do anything. I need you help, please.
I tried to open the control panel and I got this error :
1727, 0x06BF, The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.
I can't open any folder.
I'd like to restore the system...I don't know what happened. I didn't do anything wrong.
Last night, I just shut down the computer I worked perfectly. This morning I wake up and nothing is working...I don't understand.

Thanks again for helping me. :(

EDIT: I tried to start the computer in "Safe mode" and all the problems disappeared. I'm running a Norton Antivirus Scan, just in case. The online scan just found a "cookie atlas". I don't think it was what's caused all this.

Attachments

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Here is a link to a thread from another member who was having similar issues, take a look, I think she used a system restore point to resolve her issues, because I believe she picked an optional driver update which seems to have cause the problem maybe this will help
http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...n-showing-red-x-even-though-im-connected.html

Here is a link to a thread from another member who was having similar issues, take a look, I think she used a system restore point to resolve her issues, because I believe she picked an optional driver update which seems to have cause the problem maybe this will help
http://windows7forums.com/windows-7...n-showing-red-x-even-though-im-connected.html
Thank you very much for your answer Trouble
I decided to restore the system too. It worked perfectly.
It seemed to be the best solution.

Thanks again :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Good to know and thanks for posting back and telling us what you did to resolve your issue.

Good to know and thanks for posting back and telling us what you did to resolve your issue.
You're very welcome.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.