Windows Vista weird problem with booting..

zhikai_92

Hi

I have a rather wierd problem with booting my computer. Everytime i start up my laptop, it will go smoothly to the desktop, but frequently, it will "partially hang" there. my system tray does not load up, windows sidebar does not appear and no programs will be able to work. When i click around, i will get a message that says "Windows explorer has stopped working." the mouse is working though. I will have to reboot and reboot until it successfully loads with the sidebar coming up and all before I can start using the computer.

I have no problems running the computer in the safe mode though. Is this a vista problem? Or this a hardware problem? How can i solve it? I am using a home basic edition.

Please advise. thanks.

There are numerous reasons you may be having this problem. Do you have all of your Windows Updates, including Service Pack 1?

If so, try using CCleaner registry cleaner to see if this resolves the issue. CCleaner - Home

Alternatively, you could try using System Restore to go back to a time before the problem started.

A program that is starting up automatically on boot may also be causing a conflict.

Have a look at the customisation of your anti-virus program. It may be set to do a system scan or check for updates on startup.

Back