Windows 7 Weird problem

xynta

Hi, i am new to the forums. I used search on several keywords but couldn't find any topic related to my weird Windows 7 problem. I have installed Windows 7 on 3 seperate systems, a normal desktop computer, a macbook and a normal Acer laptop. Windows 7 worked fine for a few days, in some instances little over a week (32-bit and 64-bit).

But then for no apparant reason all my files, programs etc. will just delete, up to a point where Windows 7 is missing essential files and it just won't boot anymore. I am using the 7100 build and i've tried both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions, but the problem allways occurs. My harddrive is just being wiped piece by piece.

I've only tried new installs, and when i reinstall Windows Vista i don't have this problem at all. Then all the pc's i've previously tried Windows 7 on are just functioning correctly. Does anyone know a solution, i really enjoy working with Windows 7 and despise being back @ Windows Vista. Thanks for your replies.

So this problem happed on all 3 machines? Was going to suggest it was a bad HDD but if Vista doesnt have the problem it must be something else.
Can you list the full specs of the offending machines please.

Strange problem

PC1:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
4x 750 GB SATA2 harddisks
2x 2 GB Kingston DDR2 memory
ATI HD3870 graphics card

PC2:
MacBook
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz
250GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard disk drive
2 GB memory
NVIDIA Graphics Card