Hardware - Intel dual core 2 duo + 2GB RAM
Software - Windows 7 Ultimate
No gfx
Problem =
- Lags in COD1 Multiplayer
- Before I have 1GB RAM and I able to get 125 fps in COD1 MP in lowest settings
- Now I have 2GB RAM but Hardly get 60 fps in lowest settings
- my internet connection is also same
- sometimes game freeze up after paying 3-4 min. when there are more then 15 players on a server

Hi,
as this change has only occurred after adding the extra RAM, try removing the new stick.

If the issue has gone then you know that your new stick is either faulty or incompatible.

Is it a similar to the one already installed?

I didn't add extra RAM, my 1GB RAM broke so I buy new single 2GB RAM stick. All the reading are same on both the RAM sticks. Its a news RAM so I don't think its faulty.
Can I get at least 125 fps on lowest settings of COD1 MP game with my present hardware?

Do you have vsync enabled? That will cut your framerate so it's worth a look.

Is the new RAM any different to the last apart from size?

I'm no Gamer, but my son is, and COD needs more RAM than 2GB, especially on W7 which doesn't have the performance of W8x or W10.

If you can't upgrade your 8 year-old computer to more than 2GB RAM, it might be time to buy a newer computer than can handle more RAM and thus increase your Gaming capabilities.

<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

I'm no Gamer, but my son is, and COD needs more RAM than 2GB, especially on W7 which doesn't have the performance of W8x or W10.

If you can't upgrade your 8 year-old computer to more than 2GB RAM, it might be time to buy a newer computer than can handle more RAM and thus increase your Gaming capabilities.

<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>
COD1 is very old game and 2GB RAM is enough to get better fps

everything is at lowest settings possible and Vsync is also off
What FPS do you see now?

Also, when you got 125FPS was in a quiet section of the game? As the screen get's busier like more NPC's for example then your FPS may drop accordingly.

What FPS do you see now?

Also, when you got 125FPS was in a quiet section of the game? As the screen get's busier like more NPC's for example then your FPS may drop accordingly.
I am getting max fps 70. I used to get 125 fps on medium level of busier screen. If it get too crowded then fps drop gradually but now its only 70 fps

So what's changed?

Have you added or taken away any hardware or software. If you can work out whats changed you could reverse it and hopefully return to those FPS.

Back