Welcome to the Feedback Forum

News

Extraordinary Robot
Robot
Please use this forum to provide any feedback you have about the website. What would you like to see differently, and what do you like? This forum allows members complete posting access and is a sub-forum of Forum Announcements. While you cannot post in forum announcements, you can respond to announcements in that forum.

The purpose of this forum is to get the best information from our valued members on what can be done better.

Is this close to the final structure?
For example, those who have primary interest in, say, Windows 8, will no longer be able to scan through the latest posts in that topic, but only read one post at a time?

Maybe you should try a poll. I liked it better when arranged by operating system that is Windows 8, Windows 7 etc.
Joe

I vote with Joe on that. One has only to look at the feedback on this section, to guess the enthusiasm .

Just a couple of things, hopefully just minor. I was disappointed to see we lost the Original Poster designation. I thought it was helpful in longer threads.

Along that same line, is there a way to keep the OS version info showing in subsequent posts. I get a little confused as to which OS I am replying to..... getting old, you know..

We seem to have lost the System info on posts. I know you can check the personal data for that, I suppose. Just not as convenient.

Also, a distinctive border around the stickies would be nice.

But overall, forum looks nice...just takes some time to adjust to the new presentation.

We seem to have lost the System info on posts. I know you can check the personal data for that, I suppose. Just not as convenient.

I mentioned that as well. It seems to be a plug-in/code issue. Hopefully we can get it back.

Personally, I like the streamlined effect, for me it's easier to navigate in/with.

The figures are already beginning to prove the point already (IMHO)
Apart from one resurrected thread, there have no been no new Windows 8 posts for a week now. The users on line have dropped dramatically.
I have noticed, maybe a contributing factor, that if you log in the the forums, even should there be a Windows 8 post, it is not apparent to average users where to get a view of all Windows 8 posts. If a user clicks the red "Windows 8" icon, he does find himself in a scrollable list. But , she he wish to post a new thread, another icon pops up with Windows 7 as the selection. I know, before it is said, that if you (once again), click this icon, you have the choice of OSs, but this may not be apparent. I do think that a member, if he is in the Windows 8 category, and wishes to post a new thread, then he should assume that it is for Windows 8, surely?

stats.png

stats2.png

Major changes are taking place that could take months to develop properly on Google. These are two separate sites that have been merged into one. Behind the scenes, a lot has been going on. They are not necessarily visible changes that directly impact the user experience. Based on this data, we cannot formulate any conclusion for quite some time. It would be best to exercise some prudence before changing formats, yet again. If it becomes clear that no one likes, or is willing to use the existing format, that will change.

Please use this forum to provide any feedback you have about the website. What would you like to see differently, and what do you like? This forum allows members complete posting access and is a sub-forum of Forum Announcements. While you cannot post in forum announcements, you can respond to announcements in that forum.

The purpose of this forum is to get the best information from our valued members on what can be done better.

This new "structure" is terrible. Rather than go to the OS of your choice, you now have to wade through everything? Once again Microsoft makes thing 10x more difficult... but hey, it sure is neat-o the way things fade into view. Form over function is ALWAYS a recipe for disaster. Just ask Windows 8.

Are you discussing Windows 8 or the forum? If the latter, where are Microsoft to blame? (You are in the forum feedback section)

This new "structure" is terrible. Rather than go to the OS of your choice, you now have to wade through everything? Once again Microsoft makes thing 10x more difficult... but hey, it sure is neat-o the way things fade into view. Form over function is ALWAYS a recipe for disaster. Just ask Windows 8.
This is not a Microsoft operated website! Please read the Terms of Service! Also, you do not have to "wade through" anything. Click on the prefix and filter and now you have the OS you're looking for. Use advanced search and apply the filter and now you can find exactly what OS you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom