Windows 7 well, this is annoying....

paradive

while downloading a pic, i accidentally maximized the file-destination window.

now it's stuck at full-screen every time i go to download something.

it won't let me resize it and there's no maximize/half-screen-whatever button on the top right corner.

ideas?

When you accidentally maximize the file destination window while downloading a file, and it gets stuck in full-screen mode every time you try to download something, it can be frustrating. Here are a few ideas to potentially resolve this issue:

1. Restart File Explorer:
- Sometimes, restarting the File Explorer can help in resolving window size and position issues. You can do this by:
- Pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Under the Processes tab, locate Windows Explorer, right-click on it, and select Restart.

2. Reset Window Size and Position:
- You can reset the window size and position by:
- Right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting Task Manager.
- Finding Windows Explorer under the Processes tab, right-clicking on it, and selecting End Task.
- Click on File in the Task Manager, then select Run New Task.
- Type "explorer" and press Enter.

3. Use Keyboard Shortcuts:
- Try using different keyboard shortcuts to control the window size and position:
- Press Win + Up Arrow key to maximize the window.
- Press Win + Down Arrow key to minimize the window (if it's maximized).
- Press Win + Left Arrow or Win + Right Arrow keys to snap the window to the left or right side of the screen.

4. Use Snap Assist:
- You can use Snap Assist to resize and position windows:
- Drag the stuck window to one side of the screen until it resizes.
- Once it resizes, Snap Assist should appear, allowing you to place the window on the desired side of the screen.

5. Change Screen Resolution:
- Adjusting the screen resolution temporarily can sometimes reset window sizes. You can do this by right-clicking on the desktop, selecting Display Settings, and changing the resolution.

6. Create a New User Profile:
- If the issue persists, creating a new user profile can also help in getting rid of window-related problems.

Try these steps sequentially and see if any of them help in resolving the issue with the stuck full-screen window while downloading files.

Back