Windows 7 What I Thought Would Be Easy, Didn't...

8N1949

Received the ASUS XONAR_DG PCI 5.1 sound card today to install in my HP p6750f desktop with Windows 7 - 64 bit. Installation went smooth..connected all the cables, etc, and hit Power On. The PC did detect the sound card, but, that is as far it went. Inserted the XONAR_DG driver and utility CD, and that didn't do much. No sound whatsoever.
I did uninstall the Realtek ALC662 driver before installing the sound card. Now the Multimedia Audio Controller shows I don't have a driver for that. I've uninstalled the ASUS sound card and driver, and installed the Realtek integrated sound card and driver. Still nothing in way of sound. I have a USB 2.O to3D Audio Sound Card Adapter Virtual 7.1 CH that I can plug in to a USB port with my pin type 2 speakers and get good sound. Other than that, it's down hill.

There's surely must be a solution, or I have installed the ASUS XONAR card in the wrong PCI slot. Would like to get a Live Chat lookup with with ASUS, but they are off line.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Start over.
Open device manager
Expand Sound, video and game controllers
Right click and choose uninstall check the box to remove software/drivers, for Realtek, Asus and the USB sound adapter (all bits and pieces). Make sure the USB sound device is disconnected they can cause problems with wanting to be the default sound device.
Go here and download the latest driver for your new Asus sound card ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Multimedia- ASUS Xonar DG pick the correct flavor of Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit)
Physically install the new Asus card.
When you start the computer go into the BIOS setup utility and disable the onboard Realtek card. Probably under peripherals (sound / audio). Save changes and exit
When the computer boots use the software package that you have downloaded and extracted above to run the setup.exe to install the new card.
Keep us posted
Randy

You cannot get anything from the link you listed. There are three locations to get the driver, but none work.

I wasn't getting anywhere trying to download the driver for this XONAR_DG sound card. In fact I was getting my PC so I was losing drivers everywhere. The Multimedia Audio Controller, and Security Processor Loader drivers disappeared...somewhere as I never uninstalled them. In fact the computer begin to act strange. So I removed the ASUS XONAR_DG sound card. Now, all is back in great shape. I now have the lost drivers back, plus some sound from the Integrated onboard sound card. Also, I have listed in the Device manager ...the sound devices, which I didn't have with the XONAR card installed.

Back
Top Bottom