What is the best software for burning

WHAT IS THE BEST BURNING SOFTWARE

• Total voters
Though i personally prefer nero,but i want to know is there any other software which can compete nero in any way?i am asking user review from all of you.

For burning ISO images and verification, nothing is better in my opinion than the free app called: ImgBurn. Powerful, small footprint and easy to configure.

For all around burning and such, for a free app the program CDBurnerXP It has a lot of features and a user-friendly GUI.

For an excellent paid program with a lot of features, plus you can use it on a trial basis for 30 days, is Ashampoo Burning Studio 10

I used to be a big user and fan of NERO, but these days it's nothing but bloatware. What used to be an excellent small footprint program has gotten huge and unwieldy.

Nero is perfect for creation of data and multimedia disks. UltraISO complements Nero when it comes to editting boot disks. Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% can compete with Nero in emulating and copying disks.

I would not forget about Microsoft Windows explorer, which also allows to create disks. : )

bassfisher6522

Essential Member
Last edited:

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Hey Bassfisher! Glad you found it useful.. :)

Captain Jack

Extraordinary Member
Nero is perfect for creation of data and multimedia disks. UltraISO complements Nero when it comes to editting boot disks. Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% can compete with Nero in emulating and copying disks.

I would not forget about Microsoft Windows explorer, which also allows to create disks. : )
+1 ... I would recommend NERO as well

I like this product (Nero),it takes care of all my viewing needs. Very easy to use and user friendly.

Highwayman

Extraordinary Member
Nero all the way, although I prefer the bare essentials "Burning Rom", the rest of the bundle is rubbish I don't need.

stevepdp

Honorable Member
I'm using InfraRecorder over here, it's a free and open-source alternative to all of the above recommendations.

It's a nice solution for most typical user requirements, and it feels quite similar to some of the earlier Nero builds.

Download page.

Nero all the way, although I prefer the bare essentials "Burning Rom", the rest of the bundle is rubbish I don't need.
When installing from the Pro package, it's possible to only install the basic Burning Rom software and to leave out all the rippers, strippers, etc.

I use Nero exclusively when building my Utility CD's that I take with me on service calls. Their Drag N Drop way of building a disk is remarkably easy.
But if I want to create a quick ISO of a CD/DVD or burn an ISO I've just downloaded, I rely on "ImgBurn". It's remarkably quick and easy to use. And, did I mention .... it's FREE!

As for Nero, I seem to be stuck on version 8 Lite.

OT

ImgBurn, 3 MB slim when installed, what I use - all I need is there and it works fine!

I'm using InfraRecorder over here, it's a free and open-source alternative to all of the above recommendations.

It's a nice solution for most typical user requirements, and it feels quite similar to some of the earlier Nero builds.

Download page.
I have heard many good things about InfraRecorder. There are plenty of great CD/DVD burning applications available to choose from, many just as good as if not better than NERO.

Tried IR 64 before - very simple software! Failed on my system..could not even erase a R/W DVD! I guess this software can't handle SATA burners.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.