Windows 7 What is 'X' attribute ? ??

Gouranga Das

Hi to all.
I have found a file named 'Card_content.xml' in my Nokia Memory Card (Fat Volume). When I try to open it with Notepad, it shows 'Access Denied'. I can not open, rename, copy, move, delete this file. I can see the content of this file using 'DiskInternals Linux Reader'. The Properties Dialog shows that this file has an attribute 'RHAX'. R - Read-only, H - Hidden, A - Archive, But what the 'X' denotes for. Please note that Properties Dialog does not have any column named 'Owner'. I am not able to change its attribute using CMD, CHMOD (coreutils) and other utilities.
What the 'X' denotes for?
How can I set or edit 'X' attribute of a file?
Thanks in advance.

Sorry I do not know, and I am not a programmer, but I do have a couple of guesses.

One might be that it is an extended attribute which Nokia has defined.

The other might be it stands for an Execute only attribute that would need a special utility to remove.

I will assume, if the file is removed, the card will no longer be useable with the camera. If you do not care, can you format it?

I wish I could help, but I do not know what utility might be used. The comments were only guesses, so it might be something different.

Seeing what Nokia has to say might be your best bet. I suppose if you use a new memory card in the camera, when it formats, it will end up with the folder also?

Maybe someone else will come along that knows for sure.

Back