Windows 7 What should I do before I Install Windows 7?

balzan

I want to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and I saw the youtube video:
YouTube - How to Clean Install Windows 7 (Part 1 of 2)
(and part 2).

I got a question though. I already have Windows Vista installed, to install Win 7 do I need to manually un-install windows vista or wil this un-install on its own when I press clean install? if I have to manually remove it, how can i?

Thanks.

To perform a non-upgrade clean install while Windows Vista is already installed, you will need to boot from disc. When you boot from the disc, and select clean install. Also, when you get to the part where it lists the disks and partitions, be sure to click on Advanced and clear out partition data. This will ensure no file remnants are left over from the old install. There is no need to use the format options in this case, as the installer will do it, for so long as the disk you are installing to has no partitions listed.

By doing this, you will not be upgrading, but instead removing all files on your computer system and installing Windows 7 from scratch.

To perform a non-upgrade clean install while Windows Vista is already installed, you will need to boot from disc. When you boot from the disc, and select clean install. Also, when you get to the part where it lists the disks and partitions, be sure to click on Advanced and clear out partition data. This will ensure no file remnants are left over from the old install. There is no need to use the format options in this case, as the installer will do it, for so long as the disk you are installing to has no partitions listed.

By doing this, you will not be upgrading, but instead removing all files on your computer system and installing Windows 7 from scratch.

Ok, so I don't need to do anything right.

So when I put on my PC, I press F12, and I press boot from disk, i select clean install, then I click advanced and clear out partition data.

I do not need to pre-uninstall anything. I understood correct?

Back