Windows 8 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Regularly and more often, I get this error ...

Attached files : Report of RAMMon, W7F and CPU-Z.

Attachments

• W7F_10-01-2015.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,003
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe000b76b5028, bf800000, 124}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the above Bugcheck means a serious hardware error occurred specifically a 'Machine check Exception'. This particular type of error is usually caused by:
Overclocking and the heat it induces, poorly fitting heatsink ( again leads to overheating), out of date Bios, Memory errors or faulty RAM and some software. Oh I forgot to mention a weak PSU can also cause this error.
Do you know what your system temps are like?
Looking at your general system you don't seem to be overclocking neither are your drivers out of date. Your Bios however is quite old and there have been several bios releases many to do with system stability and performance:

BiosVersion = 0902
BiosReleaseDate = 05/08/2014
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoardProduct = Z97-A
Latest release stands at version 2012 and improves system performance:
http://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/Z97A/HelpDesk_Download/
Although every care is taken to ensure that is your correct download please double check.

Make sure stuff like browsers and flash are the latest versions ( I once saw this error produced by an out of date flash app)

If the bsod continues try this app:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=19792

If after making the above changes you still get the bsod then you need to test your RAM.
Windows does have it's own memory testing app but it can often miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. The latest version of which can be found here:
http://www.memtest.org/

To run Memtest86 you need to either burn a copy of it to disk or use a USB stick. If you look down the page you'll eventually find the latest version and it's associated downloads. If your burning to disk choose the pre-compiled iso zip. If your using a USB method then the corresponding download is the auto installer for a USB stick.
Once you have Memtest86 on the media you selected you'll then need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that the machine will boot from either the disk or stick you have Memtest86 on.
Run the test for at least 12hrs if possible unless it becomes clear that there is a issue. If there is a problem with the RAM you'll see the errors pop up in red so you can't miss them.

I don't understand this question "Do you know what your system temps are like?"

I update my bios, my software is already up to date and i will run the 12hrs MemTest in the night.

And the intel processor diagnostic return a green "PASS", no problem for it.

Other things to do ? Or you want to wait the results of MemTest ?

Last edited:
I do the stress test and the CPU stabilize at 62°

For exemple, my PC crash when i play on Arma 3 rondomly, or ALWAYS when i run the 5 way optimization of ASUS AI SUITE 3, at the CPU stress test of software..

So, my PC crash when my CPU is sought (i think) (because my GPU is the CPU, Graphics 4600)

Last edited:
Have you tried running the Asus AI suite 3 since updating the bios?

The above dump file was the latest you sent me but if you have already updated the bios that's great.

Are you still getting a bsod? If so post the dump file.

If you get a bsod when running the stress test in the Asus AI suite how come it doesn't crash when using Prime95? Have you tried monitoring temperatures when running the AI suite?

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C9, {226, fffff800439f8708, ffffcf80868b6ea0, 0}

Unable to load image \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\IOMap64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for IOMap64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for IOMap64.sys
Probably caused by : IOMap64.sys ( IOMap64+1708 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
looking through the dump files you have two kinds. One for Bugcheck 124 and the other is the above which is a Driver verifier violation. The driver in question is IOMap64.sys which relates to either:
ASUS Kernel Mode Driver ?Asus Smart Doctor/iTracker 2 Asus GPU Tweak and GPU Tweak. It's possibly related to this:

AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 03 03:47:59 2010: ASUS hardware monitoring software related. Try uninstalling to test if this is related to the bsod. Also 2010 is too old for Windows 8 so if you want to use this app in the future please update it.

Try testing the gpu with this test from Furmark. If the machine crashes or bsod's then you may possibly have a hardware issue:
Make sure you remove any Asus tweaking software before running the test.:
http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

Turn off the driver verifier if you still have it running.

I would try uninstalling it then and that means everything Asus. Once you uninstall everything then if a bsod occurrs please post the dump file.

I will uninistall everything but ai suite isnt the cause of crash, overcharge is the cause, on all heavy program, my pc crash, and the dump files will be the same

Overcharge? I'm not sure i know what you mean... Do you mean overclocking?

You can see from the above dump file that Asus software is causing a bsod. You didn't just have one dump file with the above results but many so it's worth investigating. I'm unfamiliar with this application but are you using it to tweak or overclock the system?

How many time have to do this ? Because I do not think it's going to crash with a test

EDIT : Pc restart when i navigate on firefox, but no bsod

Attachments

• HWMonitor.txt
    53.9 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
Have you had any more bsod since removing the ASUS software? If Firefox is crashing the machine make sure it's updated to the latest version (I know a new version was just released).

Last edited:
Back