When I shoot or crash in new games my pc crashes

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by MisterTurtl3, Dec 8, 2011.

1. MisterTurtl3

MisterTurtl3 New Member

Hey guys, this is my first time doing this so please be patient,

I bought GTA complete pack from steam from steam the other day and patiently waited for the 40gb of files to download and they all ran fine but when I play GTA IV it runs fine until I shoot someone or crash in a car.

When I shoot or crash then the screen goes black, the sound loops and the only way I can do anything is if I use task manager to shut down my pc (and even then it gets to "shutting down ..." and stays there until I hold down the power button). When I turn it back on everything is fine but I don't know why it's doing it.

The same thing also happens when I crash in Burnout Paradise or shoot in Battlefield 3 and I have tried to unistall and reinstall all games and nothing changes.

All drivers and games are up to date.

Any ideas guys?

PC Specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 635 (2.9 GHz)
    RAM: 8GB
    Graphics: Palit Nvidia Geforce GTS 450 (1GB, DDR5)

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Seems like it might be related to the sound. Have you tried changing any of those settings? You said all drivers are up to date, so I assume you updated the sound drivers.

If the crash or shot result in bright flashes, it might still be a video problem. If that were the case, perhaps lowering the resolution or how the video is rendered might help.

3. MisterTurtl3

MisterTurtl3 New Member

I think my sound drivers are up to date, I went into sounds (in the system tray) and clicked on my speakers properties and clicked update drivers and it said drivers are up to date.

When I do crash or shoot the screen goes black in GTA and white in BF3